Its all YOUR fault.

/ Its all YOUR fault. #1  

chopped

Veteran Member
I am addicted, to TBN read it everyday..
but today I was out working the tractor and noticed a leak in the tire, so aired it up and went to do what I could before it went flat again,knowing I had a job ahead of me to repair the tire.
Anyways as I was backing up I heard this wicked SNAP. sound and the cluthc pedal whent to the floor.:confused2:
First thing that went through my head was that the spring on the pressure plate had blown .:confused2:
I got off and coulnt see anything wrong so started it up and it still had worked . well at least the drive train
the pto, part I wasnt sure of. limped back to the house. And then found the problem/ clutch return spring had snapped.
They are real tough springs , so i used two springs from an old mattress and it works fine now.:thumbsup:
Quite the scare....but see all the threads of splitting the tractor in half went through my head.Oh not sure if it was a normal reaction but I quickly thought as I drove back, Maybe its time to trade.. lol
At any rate I dont hold anyone here respnsable LOL
These nightmares just have to be discussed,,,

/ Its all YOUR fault. #2  
Sorry we got your blood pressure up, but don't forget......

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you. :laughing:

/ Its all YOUR fault. #3  
I have the exact same addiction don't worry!

Kinda in relation to your break down:

I was driving my car home (92 Holden Commodore, similar to a Chevy Impala i think) yesterday and about two minutes from home I heard a disturbing thunk from the engine bay along with the sound of pieces of car raining down on the road, followed by a ever so pleasant squeeling =\. I nursed it home with no power steering with all the thoughts of power steering pump failures, snapped control arms and every other conceivable worst case scenario and associated price tags. My car is pretty essential to my life and to not have it would be like loosing an arm =\

Got it home, popped the hood; Bearing in the tension pulley had seized and the plastic pulley had disintegrated from the friction. 30 mins later, new pulley and bearing $40, cars running better than before and I could breathe a massive sigh of relief. =]

/ Its all YOUR fault. #4  
You have pass the TBN test grasshopper;) also there ain't no cure for TBN addiction. :)

/ Its all YOUR fault. #5  
Just had the serpentine belt tensioner pullley disengrate on my 1999 GMC pick up made quite a racket but I managed to limp it to a Auto zone got a new tensioner assembly and a new fan belt, twenty minutes and $73.00 later back on my way. This truck has 177K miles on it, so all manner of bad thoughts rushed through my mind when I first heard the noise.

/ Its all YOUR fault. #6  
I'm a bit of a pessimist too. I hate to hear any noises from my equipment or cars, I always think its the worse case scenario. glad it was nothing.

/ Its all YOUR fault.
Ok so now I have to have in the back of my head the serpentine belt tensioner pully too. LOL
Maybe Im a compulsive worrier lol..
Aslways nice when its not as bad as once thought.

/ Its all YOUR fault. #8  
Yep, know the feeling. I was using my old Yanmar that I had welded on the bracket that the stabilizer chain attaches. I had put on the bushhog and noticed that one side was a little loose and allowing the BH to swing the lift arms into the tire, so I tightened it up a little. Later I was going thru a ditch and picked up the bushhog to highest point, but the tail wheel hit the dirt behind me forcing the lift arms to raise even more when I heard a big bang. First thing I thought was that I had ripped the weld off the axle housing. Nope just broke the stabilizer chain link. My welding stood the test.