J Bar 5ft HD rotary cutter 1st impression

/ J Bar 5ft HD rotary cutter 1st impression #1  

marknga

Tractor
2006 Kubota L4400D
I have been shopping for a rotary cutter. I bought my 2006 L4400D last fall and it had a Befco finishing mower with it. Our 11.5 acre lot that we will be building on has about acre and half field and the rest is wooded. As I shopped around for rotary cutters I found pricing all over the place. Really didn't want to spend 2K on a rotary cutter, that once I clean up the underbrush won't probably be used but once maybe twice a year. My neighbor had bought a refurbished Ford tractor with a J Bar 4 ft rotary cutter on it and I was impressed.
Yes I know get what you pay for but my first impression is that it will be just fine at about half or less than a Titan, Bush Hog or Land pride.
As I was looking online I couldn't much about the J Bar ( they are made here in Ga.) so I thought I share my experience.

Attachments

• J BAR 01.jpg
    J BAR 01.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 265
  • J BAR 03.jpg
    J BAR 03.jpg
    621 KB · Views: 276
  • J BAR 04.jpg
    J BAR 04.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 198
  • J BAR 06.jpg
    J BAR 06.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 142
  • J BAR 07.jpg
    J BAR 07.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 205
   / J Bar 5ft HD rotary cutter 1st impression #2  
I have been shopping for a rotary cutter. I bought my 2006 L4400D last fall and it had a Befco finishing mower with it. Our 11.5 acre lot that we will be building on has about acre and half field and the rest is wooded. As I shopped around for rotary cutters I found pricing all over the place. Really didn't want to spend 2K on a rotary cutter, that once I clean up the underbrush won't probably be used but once maybe twice a year. My neighbor had bought a refurbished Ford tractor with a J Bar 4 ft rotary cutter on it and I was impressed.
Yes I know get what you pay for but my first impression is that it will be just fine at about half or less than a Titan, Bush Hog or Land pride.
As I was looking online I couldn't much about the J Bar ( they are made here in Ga.) so I thought I share my experience.

Looks like it is doing the job just fine for you.

/ J Bar 5ft HD rotary cutter 1st impression
Got to clear another 3 acres or so.
Some before and after
TWISTED OAKS A.jpg
TWISTED OAKS A1.jpg

Attachments

• TWISTED OAKS E.jpg
    TWISTED OAKS E.jpg
    713 KB · Views: 80
  • TWISTED OAKS F.jpg
    TWISTED OAKS F.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 68