JD 2025R ultra slowmo rams on the backend.

/ JD 2025R ultra slowmo rams on the backend. #1  

Halfuncial

Tractor
Branson
Trying to assist a young farmer with a hydraulic issue. Its a little JD 2025R with a hook on JD backhoe. was working great and Ive used it a few times myself. A hose on the backhoe got nicked and was dripping fluid so she called the local JD guys who came out and repaired the hose that went from the control to the bucket scoop ram. That was a couple of months back and she didn't run it after the repair guys left. Now she is trying to run it and while rams on the backhoe work they only extend at normal speed. Retracting is a different story and it takes about five minutes to pickup a stabiliser leg or to rotate the bucket back. Outward all OK, return, superslomo. The front bucket on this thing operates exactly as it should.

Im a Branson sort so Im here to ask if there is some sort of JD vodoo at play. The PAPE CAT shop that came out to fix that line are not cheap by any means so I'd love to help her get up and running with a simple fix.

Thanks for the help!

/ JD 2025R ultra slowmo rams on the backend. #2  
Trying to assist a young farmer with a hydraulic issue. Its a little JD 2025R with a hook on JD backhoe. was working great and Ive used it a few times myself. A hose on the backhoe got nicked and was dripping fluid so she called the local JD guys who came out and repaired the hose that went from the control to the bucket scoop ram. That was a couple of months back and she didn't run it after the repair guys left. Now she is trying to run it and while rams on the backhoe work they only extend at normal speed. Retracting is a different story and it takes about five minutes to pickup a stabiliser leg or to rotate the bucket back. Outward all OK, return, superslomo. The front bucket on this thing operates exactly as it should.

Im a Branson sort so Im here to ask if there is some sort of JD vodoo at play. The PAPE CAT shop that came out to fix that line are not cheap by any means so I'd love to help her get up and running with a simple fix.

Thanks for the help!
Did they use teflon tape when replacing the hose?

/ JD 2025R ultra slowmo rams on the backend. #3  
I would take all the quick connect hoses off and reconnect them. It’s common that they look like they are connected but really aren’t.

/ JD 2025R ultra slowmo rams on the backend. #4  
^^^^
THIS is the best place to start. Have her unplug the two (power beyond) connections feeding the backhoe and reconnect them.

/ JD 2025R ultra slowmo rams on the backend.
Did they use teflon tape when replacing the hose?
I didnt see any but I'll go check when I go back to town. Thanks

I would take all the quick connect hoses off and reconnect them. It’s common that they look like they are connected but really aren’t.
While thats exactly the kind of voodoo I was looking for I did take them off and after manipulating the controls I made sure that the stop valves in the connectors could move (& leak) and then I reinserted them. I did that twice. I will go check to ensure they are correctly seated when I'm over there. Thanks!

/ JD 2025R ultra slowmo rams on the backend. #7  
I didnt see any but I'll go check when I go back to town. Thanks
if they are not careful when installing the fittings little pieces can plug spools and orifices in hydraulic systems.

Its amazing how many mechanics should know better but still use tape when loctite 545 exist.

if they are not careful when installing the fittings little pieces can plug spools and orifices in hydraulic systems.

Its amazing how many mechanics should know better but still use tape when loctite 545 exist.
Thanks. This was actually my first thought on the issue. Only because the failure happened within 30 minutes of firing the machine up after a line repair. Of course getting the dealer to admit to that will be a challenge.