JD 2420 swather/JD 3430 swather

/ JD 2420 swather/JD 3430 swather #1  

greatplns

I was out of town working and my son was cutting hay with our cabless (open operator station) 2420 swather. Seized the motor (JD confirmed crank is seized). I got home with quite a lot of hay to cut, so I searched the net, found a reasonably priced 3430 200 miles away. Bout it sight unseen, had it hauled down the next day, finished my cutting. Am very pleased with the 3430 and intend to keep it. It does of course have a cab which was fantastic with my allergies. After looking the 3430 over it looks almost identical to the 2420. My main question is: will a 3430 cab fit on a 2420? I spent 2.5k on the 2420 this year alone and it's in great shape except for the motor. I have a quote for a complete rebuild for 2,500. If i could find a cab for this 2420 I'd keep it and have 2 swathers. From the measurements I've taken the platforms are the same size, the compressor mounts are identical, everything looks the same. Just want to verify this before I go cab hunting. Thanks.

/ JD 2420 swather/JD 3430 swather #2  
I was out of town working and my son was cutting hay with our cabless (open operator station) 2420 swather. Seized the motor (JD confirmed crank is seized). I got home with quite a lot of hay to cut, so I searched the net, found a reasonably priced 3430 200 miles away. Bout it sight unseen, had it hauled down the next day, finished my cutting. Am very pleased with the 3430 and intend to keep it. It does of course have a cab which was fantastic with my allergies. After looking the 3430 over it looks almost identical to the 2420. My main question is: will a 3430 cab fit on a 2420? I spent 2.5k on the 2420 this year alone and it's in great shape except for the motor. I have a quote for a complete rebuild for 2,500. If i could find a cab for this 2420 I'd keep it and have 2 swathers. From the measurements I've taken the platforms are the same size, the compressor mounts are identical, everything looks the same. Just want to verify this before I go cab hunting. Thanks.

Don't know the answer to your question.
I'd check the HayTalk website

HayTalk - Hay & Forage Community Forums, Blog, Photos, and News

You'll probably get an answer there, if not here on TBN.

Speaking of swathers, my neighbor gave me his old Massey Ferguson 44 swather (12 ft cut, no cab) a while back. Another winter restoration project. Looks like a lot of fun.