JD 3032 or Kubota L2800

/ JD 3032 or Kubota L2800 #1  

NC tractor driver

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610
I am looking for my first tractor and am considering either a JD 3030 or Kubota L2800. Both are priced comparably by local dealers and I like the layout and feel of both. I am looking for using them to maintain a 1/2 mile long gravel drive, plow snow in the winter and work in the woods on my property to remove dead undergrowth and clean up the grounds. Looking for a tractor that will handle a FEL and box blade easily. May also want to add a tiller at a later date for some limited farming.

Second question: Financing looks fantastic with low (or no) down payment and 0% for either 48 months (JD) or 60 months (Kubota). I asked the JD dealer and if I paid cash (I can) or financed the price would be the same. Have not had a chance to ask the same question of the Kubota dealer yet. Are these offers for real, or are there any gotcha's to the financing deals?

Third: There is also a Montana 4540 for sale locally. Two years old and only 142 hours. Priced lower than either of the new tractors I'm looking at currently (I can't find any used JD or Kubotas of the size I am looking for). The Montana looks and feels like a great tractor. A little larger than I really need, but I could definitely use it. Problem is the local dealer, who is 1 hour away, has now stopped selling and servicing Montana tractors. Is this something that should exclude me considering this tractor? How hard are parts going to be to come by and how hard is it going to be to service this tractor.

Thanks in advance for your help.

/ JD 3032 or Kubota L2800 #2  
1. Our needs sound very similar (except snow) and I was considering the same 2, 3032E or L2800HST or maybe the 3005 in JD but I opted for the L2800 for severa; reasons.
Layout of operator station, Left right braking capablities. weight of tractor. FEL and 3pt wt ratings, off seat capabilities and the dealer was very good to deal with, though they both were very nice - I just liked the Orange one better:).

I got tractor - woods tiller boxscrape and FEL from the dealer and picked up a middle buster @ Tractor supply.

2. The finance offers are for real-- JD asks for a 2.5% participation fee for the financing and K asks for $50 documentation fee.
GOD Bless
Tar

/ JD 3032 or Kubota L2800
Thanks Tarheeler for the information.

Where are you in NC? I just moved to Ashe County from Apex.

/ JD 3032 or Kubota L2800 #8  
Both are good tractors but I am partial to the Kubota.
I use a 5' rotary cutter on my L2800 to maintain a lot of fairly steep terrain and have a 6' box blade that I use to grade about a 1/3 mile gravel drive. The tractor has had no problem handling both chores. I took advantage of the 0% financing when I bought it last July. Good Luck with your decision.