JD 3038e battery replacement ?

/ JD 3038e battery replacement ? #1  

bdrakie

Tractor
Deere 3038e
Hello,
I replaced the factory battery in my 3038e with another battery that has 650 cca. When I turn the ignition I get the clicking sound (it does sound faster and louder) then when I turn the key to start nothing happens, does not start. Any one know what is happening that it will not start with the new battery????

/ JD 3038e battery replacement ? #3  
If you turn the key and nothing happens do you get the normal array if indicator lights - oil, alternator, etc. If that appears normal and the start position does nothing it may be a safety interlock switch.

/ JD 3038e battery replacement ?
Yes, turn key and indicators light up, turn key to start and nothing happens, as if it is in drive when you try to start, even though it is in neutral. Will check out the safety switch. Hopefully that is it. never experienced this before

/ JD 3038e battery replacement ? #5  
Probably a dirty connection.

...or a loose connection?
It might be connected enough to get low amperage dash light, and solenoid to click, but not well enough to turn over high amp starter.
Disconnect and clean/wire brush negative cable's connection to frame. Check other connections. Not just lug to post connections, but cable to lug connections too.

....or check a safety switch interlocks.
PTO off?

/ JD 3038e battery replacement ?
OK
I moved the seat safety switch and it started. appears to have been pulled loose from moving the seat up and down over time.
Thank you for the help.
Hello,
I replaced the factory battery in my 3038e with another battery that has 650 cca. When I turn the ignition I get the clicking sound (it does sound faster and louder) then when I turn the key to start nothing happens, does not start. Any one know what is happening that it will not start with the new battery????