JD 3039R Turf Tire For the Front.

/ JD 3039R Turf Tire For the Front. #1  

tkcomer

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3039R
I have a JD 3039R that has the R4 tires on it. Of all the tractors I've had, none of them have rode as rough as this one. Since most of the "jounce" seems to come from the front, I've been thinking of replacing them with turf tires. I've aired the fronts down with absolutely no change in ride. One thing I've noticed are the turf tire load ratings are about 250 lbs less than the R4s. Will this be a big problem when using the loader? The tractors main use is mowing with a finish mower. but occasionally I do haul gravel for driveway maintenance. Any advice in this area would be appreciated.

/ JD 3039R Turf Tire For the Front.
Same here with my 3039r. I replaced the fronts with Galaxy Garden Pros. Took a lot of the jounce out. Liked them so much I replaced the rears also. It rides a heck of a lot better now.
10-5-23.JPG

/ JD 3039R Turf Tire For the Front. #3  
I have turf tires on my 3039R. The dealer had put 30 psi in the front tires and the ride home was extremely ruff and bouncy.

I lowered it to 15 psi in the front and 10 psi in the rears. The ride is much better now when mowing with the rear finish mower (RFM). I don't have a loader, but I do have a front mount snow blower. When it goes on, I will increase the pressure in the front.

/ JD 3039R Turf Tire For the Front. #4  
As I mentioned earlier, just because its a turf doesn't necessarily have softer sidewalls....Titans are not the answer.