JD 4044R

/ JD 4044R #1  

Jettt

Tractor
JD 4044
My front end loader joystick will only raise and lower no side to side movement doesn’t return to center position also.

/ JD 4044R #2  

Attachments

• JD_boot.jpg
    JD_boot.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 27
   / JD 4044R
BT, Thanks for the detailed parts diagrams.
Inside the cup the left side linkage is frozen up facing the frontend. Put some kroil oil to free up.
But I have been noticing for sometime that I was having to pull back harder even hitting the instrument cover to raise.
So is it possible to adjust these linkages to help remove slack from my joystick?
Also can I increase the frontend lifting capacity with other aftermarket systems?

/ JD 4044R #4  
On my JD, a 2025r, I adjusted the pressure higher and it increased my lift capacity noticeably. I can’t remember the exact specs for mine but I think it suppose to be 2000 to 2200 psi. Mine was on the low end of the spec and it ended up at about 2450psi. On mine you just adjusted it on the underside of the joystick. I had to remove an inner fender to get to it. You can check it by removing on of the loader quick connects and hooking up a pressure gauge. A company called Ken’s Bolt On Hooks sells the setup or you can build your own.

Of course ant time you exceed a manufacturer’s spec you are taking a chance. I don’t often lift heavy things with my tractor but at times I do. The only negative I’ve seen is maybe the controls are a little more sensitive.