JD 4066R loader question

/ JD 4066R loader question #1  

Jsandy

Tractor
John Deere 4710
I have a JD 4066 R, open station, with a self leveling D180 loader. I have it set up with a universal skid steer quick tach. (Also set up with a third function to run a grapple). My issue is that when I "roll" the quick tach paddles forward or backward they don't move in unison. The right side cycles much more quickly than the left. If the right is rolled all the way forward the left might only be "rolled" 25-33% of the way. The left will eventually catch up when both are rolled fully forward (or backward) I haven't noticed any twisting or loss of function when I am using an implement but it does make attaching and detaching the implement more difficult. Any thoughts on what may be wrong (if anything)? Thanks.

/ JD 4066R loader question #2  
You have either a D170 loader or H180 loader. Since you say self leveling, I am guessing H180.
If there is NO timing bar connecting the two carriers together, it's normal for one to move faster than the other. Which ever will move easiest will move first, unless they are connected together.
If you were to restrain the one that moves first, you would find the other side now moves first. The hydraulics will do the easiest job first.
So normal, no problem.
Now if you DO have a timing bar, then one or more cross pins has sheared.

/ JD 4066R loader question #3  
I have a JD 4066 R, open station, with a self leveling D180 loader. I have it set up with a universal skid steer quick tach. (Also set up with a third function to run a grapple). My issue is that when I "roll" the quick tach paddles forward or backward they don't move in unison. The right side cycles much more quickly than the left. If the right is rolled all the way forward the left might only be "rolled" 25-33% of the way. The left will eventually catch up when both are rolled fully forward (or backward) I haven't noticed any twisting or loss of function when I am using an implement but it does make attaching and detaching the implement more difficult. Any thoughts on what may be wrong (if anything)? Thanks.

Nothing's wrong. Hydraulics follows the easiest/shortest path first. When you put them both on the same load they'll move at the same rate.

/ JD 4066R loader question
Thank you. It is an H180 with no timing bar. I only noticed it when I was attaching a snow plow that was in an awkward position for the QA. Never had an issue with the grapple. Thanks again.

/ JD 4066R loader question #6  
Why wouldn’t they be tied together? I don’t understand why it came that way. What benefit would there be to leaving them separate?

/ JD 4066R loader question #7  
SSQA feet are separate, so the loader curl arms are tied together by the attachment(bucket, plow, grapple, etc). With no attachment or timing bar they can move individually.