JD 4100 3 point hitch won't lift

/ JD 4100 3 point hitch won't lift #1  

NICKB304

Silver Member
Tractor
McCormick CT28
looking for a little help diagnosing a problem on my buddy's 02 4100 gear. I always thought the thing lacked travel on the 3 point arms compared to other tractors I have used. it was maybe getting 10" of up and down movement at the pins. It was really apparent when using a post hole digger for the first time last night. then all of a sudden it would not pick up out of our third hole. no response from the hitch what so ever, not even a whine from the hydraulics trying to work. we ended up taking the post hole auger off and leaving it in the hole. loader works fine and the speed valve for the 3-point is all the way open. about 10 min after pulling away from the hole the arms jumped up out of nowhere while the tractor was at idle but now they move up and down maybe 6" at most. Is there any common problems on this series of tractor that would cause this or anyone know where I can find a schematic or parts diagram to look at? thanks in advance.

/ JD 4100 3 point hitch won't lift #2  
I have a PDF of the Deere Tech manual you're welcome to, if you want it shoot me your email

fyi, check all the linkages under the seat where the lift lever joins the lift cover, sounds like one is sticking

Joe