JD 4110 60 in mmm adjustment

/ JD 4110 60 in mmm adjustment #1  

Jamie S

Tractor
JD 4110
Hi, I just got a JD 4110, with 60in mmm, and 410 FEL. When I cut grass, the RH front caster wheel presses hard into the ground. When I back up, the caster wheel rotates about 90 deg, and cuts into the grass. We have had so much rain this month, the ground is saturated.

When the deck is lifted up to the transport location, the rh side is about 2 1/4 inch from the bottom of deck, and the lh side is about 4 inch.

Does any one know how I could level the deck ?

Thanks a lot. (1st post, but I have read a ton here)

/ JD 4110 60 in mmm adjustment #2  
:welcome:

Sounds like some serious need for adjustment. ;)
Get the tractor and deck onto some area that is as flat as possible (concrete pad?) and go through the procedure in the deck manual.

In short version,
Starting with the right air pressure in the tires, raising the deck wheels, setting the mowing height (or like 3" on the height), using a block or the gauge set the tip of the blade at 3" on the right and then on the left for side to side height, then set the front to back height using the gauge at the tip of the middle blade to be 1/4" lower than the rear tip. Lastly, set the corner wheels at 1/4 to 1/2" up from the ground/pad. The mower deck is then carried by the tractor.

/ JD 4110 60 in mmm adjustment
I didn't get manuals when I got the tractor............. I tried to look at the JD site, but can not figure out how to see anything about the mower. I can see info about the tractor.
Is there an online mower manual? Or will I need to buy 1?
Thanks,
Jamie

/ JD 4110 60 in mmm adjustment #4  
Here are the manuals:

Tractor: OMLVU13326_I3

60" MMM: Unfortunately its' not online, but the number is OMLVU13009 if you want to order it. This one should be very close though: OMLVU14211_G9

One of these tools is great for setting it up also: John Deere Mower Deck Leveling Gauge

Basically you need to adjust the front and rear draft arms to get it level side-to-side and front-to-back. But I hope nothing is bent up on yours being that the deck is that out of level.

Thanks, the JD link was perfect. Same parts on mine, just different wheel set up. Now that I almost know what to do, I am on my way to get the deck set up level. I'll let you know how I make out later.
Jamie

You right. The LH black piece that runs from front to back, attaches to the mower spring clip, and to the adjuster on the rear lift arm was bent. (looked more like a hockey stick blade than a mower linkage piece) Holding the LH side way up, RH side way down

A vise, and some persuasion, over and over has corrected that. Then I followed the directions in the JD manual.

Thanks a lot. great help, cuts great, and now no trenching when I back up.

Jamie

/ JD 4110 60 in mmm adjustment #7  
Great to hear you are off and running good.

/ JD 4110 60 in mmm adjustment #8  
:thumbsup: Great news!