JD 4300 Lift Link BREAKING!

/ JD 4300 Lift Link BREAKING! #21  
The hydraulics should stall before you get close to breaking that unless you are somehow rolling the implement and it's putting a whole lot of extra strain on the system to try to keep it level. My 4300 was missing one side when I got it so I just welded one up with parts from agrisupply and made a new draft link for about $100 total and have never had an issue. I have a ~2000lb counterweight I carry back there and it's always jumping up and down while doing loader work. I've stalled the 3pt out before picking up the front of a truck with a carryall and had no issues with anything breaking.

/ JD 4300 Lift Link BREAKING!
Right lower link is bent to the outside

Where is the lower link bent? I don't see it.

When it broke. All I did was hook up the disc, put the sway pins in and pull up on the 3pt lever. AND SNAP!

/ JD 4300 Lift Link BREAKING! #23  
Are you sure the rods are on the correct sides and not switched putting them in a bind when lifting. Or even half the rod is turned around wrong, maybe the bottom half that goes over the arms.

Last edited:
   / JD 4300 Lift Link BREAKING!
After looking at the manual and my 3pt setup. The bottom toke of the lift links were reversed. They had the grease cert on the inside, they need to be on the outside? Hope that fixes the issue.

/ JD 4300 Lift Link BREAKING! #25  
After looking at the manual and my 3pt setup. The bottom toke of the lift links were reversed. They had the grease cert on the inside, they need to be on the outside? Hope that fixes the issue.

Glad to hear you have it figured out!