JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #31  
The ECU (electronic control unit) is the "brain" that receives info from all the engine sensors, determines how much fuel should be injected and then sends a signal to the injector.

The temp needle should be moving at least 25% up the gauge after driving around for 10 minutes. If it doesn't, I would replace the thermostat.
I replaced the thermostat and to no avail I still have fouling of the left plug. Idles ok,.no power under a load

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #32  
Replying to an old subject....Unfortunately the fouling problem is an engineering issue. There is no cure for it.
In a nutshell...it is a 2 cylinder engine with fuel injection...one injector. The engine is obsolete...so Kawasaki isn't going to do any "fixes" for it. Some folks use a hotter spark plug on the fouling side.
If Kawasaki had engineered it with 2 injectors...lifetime engine...they didn't. It is a way over engineered engine in a beast of a tractor...John Deere does that to keep the dealer shop busy.
July, 2020...the injector (rarely fails) is over $300 (if you can find one) and the computer (rarely fails) that reads all the sensors and adjusts everything is over $1200 (if you can find one), ignition switch/control module combination (rust kills it...aftermarket from China) is $150. Anyone would be money ahead to scrap the Kawasaki and all the electronics and install a modern day engine...about $2000 new...then you would have a reliable beast.
I'm currently working on 1996 that has only had the plastic timing gear changed years ago. It has 2300 hours on it. Original injector and computer. Installed new coils and a rust damaged ignition switch/control module. It needs a new seat and $350 power steering cylinder.
Factory 800 page John Deere service manual is available as a free download online. As is a Kawasaki factory service manual.
Has anyone bought a FD 791d replacement engine

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #33  
Duz1more
May not be firing on that left cylinder.
Next time, get it idling and pull the spark plug wire off the right side cylinder. If the engine dies, you found the problem.

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #34  
Duz1more
May not be firing on that left cylinder.
Next time, get it idling and pull the spark plug wire off the right side cylinder. If the engine dies, you found the problem.
The engine still runs, puzzling. It went from running good to back firing in no time flat. Haven't had any problems until now. Back firing gets worse as engine warms up.

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #35  
So what happened when you had it running and pulled the spark plug wire off the right side?

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #36  
   / JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #38  
Same result if you pulled the left side spark plug wire off while running?

We're (or I am) missing something here.