JD 5075E reviews are not great - any specific years to avoid?

/ JD 5075E reviews are not great - any specific years to avoid? #1  

Joe2399

Tractor
Choosing b/t: JD 4720 and JD 5075
I'm leaning towards buying a used JD 5075E (vs a 4720), but one thing I noticed is that the reviews for the 5075E here on TBN are much worse on average than for the 4720.

But most of the bad reviews are older, suggesting to me that the earlier 5075E's had issues that were later resolved. Is that true? If so, what model years specifically should I avoid? Thanks

/ JD 5075E reviews are not great - any specific years to avoid? #2  
There have been some postings of people who owned the Tier 2 versions (2008-2011 or 2012) having issues with spongy/weak/dragging brakes and issues with the internal rockshaft hydraulics. The latter sometimes would get the rockshaft hydraulics hot enough to melt a hole in the fuel tank. There is a lot less posted about Final Tier 4 (2014+) units as there was a big redesign done then and apparently the issues with the Tier 2 units got fixed in that redesign. The only specific issue I have heard of with the Final Tier 4 3 cylinder 5Es are for at least the 2018-up units, the 3 point position control lever is often misadjusted, causing the 3 point to not raise all of the way. This requires loosening two nuts, moving the lever in its adjustment slot, and tightening the two nuts. (My 2020 model unit had this issue.)

/ JD 5075E reviews are not great - any specific years to avoid?
There have been some postings of people who owned the Tier 2 versions (2008-2011 or 2012) having issues with spongy/weak/dragging brakes and issues with the internal rockshaft hydraulics. The latter sometimes would get the rockshaft hydraulics hot enough to melt a hole in the fuel tank. There is a lot less posted about Final Tier 4 (2014+) units as there was a big redesign done then and apparently the issues with the Tier 2 units got fixed in that redesign. The only specific issue I have heard of with the Final Tier 4 3 cylinder 5Es are for at least the 2018-up units, the 3 point position control lever is often misadjusted, causing the 3 point to not raise all of the way. This requires loosening two nuts, moving the lever in its adjustment slot, and tightening the two nuts. (My 2020 model unit had this issue.)
Very helpful, thanks. I asked the dealer this question today. Their answer matches this, except you provided a lot more detail :), plus the note on the 2018+, which they did not talk about.