JD 5520 No start

/ JD 5520 No start
Looking at JDparts, the relays on your tractor cab or open station are located by the fuses. JDparts does show a difference depending on serial # one for 420000 and below, here there are 3 relays all the same LVA13729. For after 420001 there are only 2 SJ15809, but you may have LVA13711. I included the parts URL.

I think you may want to get the tech manual. To insure you have the correct diagrams.

There are a couple youtube videos you can watch to see how to test a relay. Since at this point not sure which relay is the fuel shut-off. Testing all of them would be the way to go instead of trying to swap them around. While you are in there might also want to test the diode pack.

To avoid shorting anything out, disconnect the negative battery cable at the battery or were it connects to the frame.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

I'll get the manual. Thanks for all your help thus far.

/ JD 5520 No start #12  
Have you had time to work on this? If yes, what have you found?

/ JD 5520 No start
Have you had time to work on this? If yes, what have you found?

I've had a little bit of time to mess with it, but not much. I tested all relays and double checked all fuses in the fuse box, with the exception of the fuse that keeps blowing.

I followed every wire to that has to do with the fuel shut of solenoid and none are grounded out. Fuse still blows as soon as key is rotated on even with the heater feature unplugged.

Purchased a new key switch yesterday and just have to put it in. Kind of praying that this fixes it because after that I'm out of ideas.

/ JD 5520 No start #14  
Did you test the diode pack? The diode pack does support a couple different circuit. I had an instrument light issue on my tractor and tracked it back to the diode pack. You could unplug the wire that goes from the key switch (on my tractor it is 22) to the 20 amp fuse and turn the key to start and see if anything happens.

/ JD 5520 No start
Did you test the diode pack? The diode pack does support a couple different circuit. I had an instrument light issue on my tractor and tracked it back to the diode pack. You could unplug the wire that goes from the key switch (on my tractor it is 22) to the 20 amp fuse and turn the key to start and see if anything happens.

There were two wires on top of the injection pump that go to the positive for the fuel shut off solenoid. I disconnected one of them and the tractor fires right up....

/ JD 5520 No start #16  
Glad you got it started! I believe those are the wires for the temp sensor, I mentioned in thread 3. If the wires are for something else I would me very interested in knowing what they go to.

/ JD 5520 No start
Glad you got it started! I believe those are the wires for the temp sensor, I mentioned in thread 3. If the wires are for something else I would me very interested in knowing what they go to.

They do go to the temp sensor. But it still blows the fuse with it unplugged. So I took the wire off trying to trouble shoot it and fired right up.

/ JD 5520 No start #18  
Thanks for letting me.