JD 6210 power reversal problem

/ JD 6210 power reversal problem #1  

Miltronic

Tractor
John Deere 6210
Only a couple of hours after purchasing my 6210 and running it in the hay field, my left hand reverser switched kicked into neutral and then had a constant "beep" while in gear and running. From then on the tractor would start beeping after 30-45 minuets of running. The tractor was running fine, but I was trying to solve the "beeping" issue because it was about to drive me crazy! I changed the pressure sensor, both hydraulic filters and transmission filter to begin with because that's where someone told me to start at. That didn't solve anything. Several weeks later, tractor still beeping, decided to try and replace the enable pressure switch. After changing it, the tractor will not go forward or backwards, but still beeps when we put it in gear. I'm not getting any fire to the foward or reverse solenoids. The enable solenoid seems to be engaged all the time. I've checked all 4 relays in fuse panel and they check to be good. Even bought a new relay to move t each location to verify. Also checked park break switch and it's still beeping. If ANYBODY has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

/ JD 6210 power reversal problem #2  
Have you called the dealer to see if they have any insite?

/ JD 6210 power reversal problem #3  
Does the 6210 have an engine computer? It is right at the transition years when some models had both an engine computer for some functions but were still individual mechanical injector diesels... not yet common rail.
There's a reason why I ask. But if you are sure yours doesn't have an engine computer none of this will help.

I'm old school from back before computers when a beep while engaging the shifter was supposed to be triggered by a sensor giving the wrong reading. Simple as that, and then simpy disconnecting the sensor wires would make the sensor circuit "open" - which means infinite ohms on the VOM... and then the tractor would either not shift or not beep...more often it wouldn't do either one. With no connection to the sensor it had no power to trigger the relay and nothing else would happen. All that was pre-computer.

Now that we have a 90 hp early JD with an engine computer, the tractor has a different response to a missing sensor input. It will keep running but will beep when the computer sees a sensor circuit that is not reporting - that being an open sensor connection with infinite ohms. If replacing the sensor doesn't fix the problem, then the most common reason for the problem is a corroded plug, corroded connection,or a broken wire in the harness between the sensor and the computer. Less likely is a problem with the plug on the computer or the computer itself. Before the engine computer an old style tractor would just stop. Now it goes, but it beeps.

When a mysterious beep happened to our 310, I was sure it was a sensor but nothing I checked or replaced made sense. I tried everything I knew for weeks The JD tech hooked up his diagnostic program to the computer plug and pinpointed the problem in about 5 minutes.

good luck,
rScotty