Mowing JD 750 MMM Won't Engage

/ JD 750 MMM Won't Engage #1  

daveNWMO

Tractor
JD 750, JD 110, JD LA145
Hi guys... long time reader first time poster.

I've got an 86 JD 750 with what I assume is factory belly mower on it. I've used the heck out of it for clipping small 1 acre pasture lots and some grass/clover trails across our property for the past 3 years. This morning I was mowing and the mower just stopped. Didn't hit anything, deck belt is good, blades spon freely, and shaft to mule drice spins free. As far as I can tell the belts on mule drive are in good shape and operating. I'm left to guess it's an electric issue, like the switch or wiring.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? I'm stumped

/ JD 750 MMM Won't Engage #2  
You need to get a test light or voltmeter to see if you have power to the switch. There is also a seat switch that has to be working for front clutch to work. Should also have power to seat switch with key on. There is a time delay module behind the panel between your legs. Power from the pto switch and seat switch goes to the module and then the module sends power to the clutch. The connector for the clutch is on left frame rail under the battery area. Make sure that connector is plugged in securely.

/ JD 750 MMM Won't Engage
jd110 - thanks for the advice. I haven't taken a voltmeter out to it yet, but did find the seat switch. My seat is in really poor shape and I'm wondering if that may be causing an issue.

I didn't think about it earlier, but I had a dead battery when I went to start the tractor this morning. Charged for a bit and it started right up. Was dead again just an hour or so after runningm Clearly I'm no expert, but I'm curious if the battery is shot that the switches can't send any power to the switch?