JD 790 4x4 vs. TC 30 2wd

/ JD 790 4x4 vs. TC 30 2wd #11  
O.K, just lanes, small food plots. I understand better now:D I would go with the 790. 4wd is a must with smaller tractors, pull better turn better. A 790 small stature is a natural for small lanes and food plots, not so big to be cumbersome, and surplus of power. The loader will come in handy.... just wait:D

/ JD 790 4x4 vs. TC 30 2wd
Thanks to all for replies.Next question.What is the minimum length trailer I can get by with if I get the loader?

/ JD 790 4x4 vs. TC 30 2wd #13  
18 ft, dual axles with brakes.

/ JD 790 4x4 vs. TC 30 2wd #14  
The 18 footer I have fits my 790 and loader with a jd403 rotary cutter snugly. Its the longest 790/implement combo I have. Would not go any shorter.

/ JD 790 4x4 vs. TC 30 2wd #15  
Wellllll.....not so fast here. I would like a longer trailer (18' er) if I had a large enough tow vehicle. Instead I bought a 7000 # GVW trailer.

What I'm saying is contrary to allot of advice on trailers (bigger is better) but I chose a 16 footer for my rig (14 + 2 beaver tail) as I have a SUV (GMC Acadia) and don't want excess trailer weight with my small tractor and implement....as the vehicle is not rated for such (and I dont want to buy another vehicle for my occasional towing needs). The tractor fits and loads onto this trailer just fine...and will balance the weight nicely.

Here's the math: Towing capacity 5400 lbs

Trailer weight (PJ 16) 1500
Tractor w/ extras 2400
Loader 700
fluid in tires 400
box blade 400
chains and micl 200

OK....I may be a a tad over the tow recommendations....but it's close enough for the girls I know. ;) However given a large enough tow vehicle....I also would pick the 18 footer.

/ JD 790 4x4 vs. TC 30 2wd #16  
Don't hesitate about the loader; it will be as handy as a skinning knife... You will wonder how you lived without it!

If you are hunting deer then you have the perfect machine for handling them for cleaning and skinning.

/ JD 790 4x4 vs. TC 30 2wd #17  
I was just loading my tractor for it's trip "up north" to my deer land....where I hope it lives a long life. :D Anyway....here is a pic of the tractor with loader and box blade on the 16 foot PJ trailer. I have about 1 foot to spare in deck length but it balances well. I believe I could put it on with my 5' KK cutter...but it would hang off the back about 2 feet. So...like others have said....an 18 is better if you have the choice and the vehicle to pull it. For me, this trailer will work out just fine, and its a bit more nimble to get around with my little rig. Hmmm...I just noticed that front chain should be moved to the back of the stake pocket.

Attachments

• DSCN2160.jpg
    DSCN2160.jpg
    699.6 KB · Views: 147