JD K series Commercial Walk-Behind Mower

/ JD K series Commercial Walk-Behind Mower #1  

troubled terry

Tractor
john deere K series Commercial Walk-Behind Mower GX1320X010939
Hello all, I am using a JD K series Commercial Walk-Behind Mower with a 48" deck on front and a one wheel "skate" on back. When mowing this morning the drive belt that goes to transmission came off. I have the mower on jack stands but can not see or feel how to get the belt on the trans pulley. there is a 4-5" pulley on a shaft going to trans, and a 2-3" pulley next to it. it feels as if the belt goes over top for big pulley but not the small one. there also seems to be a steel flat that attaches to the shift linkage in the way.
HELP! Terry

/ JD K series Commercial Walk-Behind Mower #2  
i don't have this model wb, but you may want to check the jd parts website - it has photos of each part and how they go together. if you plan on keeping the mach for a long time and doing your own repairs (as well as maintenance) you may want to invest in a Technical Manual.

/ JD K series Commercial Walk-Behind Mower
i don't have this model wb, but you may want to check the jd parts website - it has photos of each part and how they go together. if you plan on keeping the mach for a long time and doing your own repairs (as well as maintenance) you may want to invest in a Technical Manual.

Thanks for the reply... I have manuals for everything I own, this is a friend of a friends machine, I like it, may try and buy it from him.
Is there a better forum for me to post this question in?
Have to hit the door, I'll check JD parts as soon as I return.
Thanks, Terry