JD MT Issues

/ JD MT Issues #1  

jpowers66

Tractor
JD MT
Looking for some advice. About six months ago my MT started smoking white. I replaced the head gasket and changed the oil and it's been running great. I went to change the oil again a couple of months ago and it still had quite a bit of water in it. I flushed out the crankcase with diesel and took the pan off and cleaned it. It looked nice and clean on the bottom of the engine. I put the pan on with a few bolts and decided to give it a few of weeks with no oil.

Last night I took the pan back off and there was about a 1/2 teaspoon coolant in the pan. Taking a look at the bottom looks like it might be seeping around the pipe that comes from the bottom of the distributor to the oil pump.

Is that common? I am not sure if there is a seal in there that may need changed or how to proceed and thought I would ask.

Cheers!

/ JD MT Issues #2  
:welcome: to TBN

..seeping around the pipe that comes from the bottom of the distributor to the oil pump...

How about a pic of that pipe?

/ JD MT Issues #3  
Used to have an MT. I don't think the distributor shaft goes through the water jacket, could be wrong. Sounds like it still may be the head gasket or worse a crack. Hope it's not the latter. You might want to check with the folks at yesterdaystractors.com they deal with classic tractors.

John