JD or Kubota - tough choice

/ JD or Kubota - tough choice #11  
About modern electronics....

I wouldn't be too concerned about the electronic controls used in any of the newer models in any color. When I think about the electonic systems used in the last twenty years, I have had numerous automobiles and trucks and have only had one computer go flakey on me. That was an '81 K car. As far as other electronic modules. I've only replace oned control module and one modulator in a distributor.

So, as far as having higher repair cost, maybe.... Typically, your electronics usually fail quickly after installation unless they're abused. So, the cost would be covered under the normal warrenty. After the tractor is ten years old.... it's a crap shoot. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Terry

/ JD or Kubota - tough choice #12  
Both Kubota and JD are excellent tractors.I had owned a Kubota for about five years and never had any problems. Last year I decided I needed to upgrade to a bigger tractor and I looked for a long time at both Kubotas and the JD. I picked the JD because it was heavier and I planned to do quite a bit of front end loader and backhoe work. I tried both and the JD seemed better for digging. I purchased the JD about 8 months ago and I'm very happy. If my main chore had been mowing, I would have went with the lighter Kubota. I doubt you could go wrong with either. The argument is kind of like whether BMW or Lexus makes a better car......