JD R200 mower

/ JD R200 mower #1  

opusthe2nd

Tractor
JD 5420
Anyone use a JD 3 pt hitch disc mower for grass hay?

/ JD R200 mower
  1. How do you keep it from balling up on the far end, in heavy grass?
  2. How do you reduce the ground weight on the far end? Dont tell me the spring with the holes in it because thats not workinh, we've done that. Its not a terribly old machine so the spring isnt worn out. The JD manual for that exact mower says there it a nut on the spring, which is not the case.
JD is absolutely clueless about this machine.

/ JD R200 mower #4  
  1. How do you keep it from balling up on the far end, in heavy grass?
  2. How do you reduce the ground weight on the far end? Dont tell me the spring with the holes in it because thats not workinh, we've done that. Its not a terribly old machine so the spring isnt worn out. The JD manual for that exact mower says there it a nut on the spring, which is not the case.
JD is absolutely clueless about this machine.

I do not have this particular disc mower. The mower you have should be a Kuhn GMD20 painted green, and since Deere didn't make it, maybe somebody who has a Kuhn will chime in now that you let us know what the issue is.

/ JD R200 mower
I knew JD didnt make it, but didnt know Kuhn did. Thanks for the unput!

/ JD R200 mower #6  
Do you think the three point hitch is carrying the headstock of the mower too high, so more weight is being carried at the end of the bar instead of by the skid plate underneath the gearbox? I set mine up so the PTO is a straight line, and I think that might be a little heavy on the near end, I sometimes get wads of hay that the skid plate pushes ahead instead of riding over, but to my mind it ensures that the bar isn't getting stressed vertically which seems worth it to me. I have never had any troubles with clumping grass at the far end. I actually have a GMD20, I don't offhand recall there being a nut on that spring either, but I will try to remember to look tomorrow.

/ JD R200 mower
No in the 3 point weight. The JD manual shows a nut, go figure.
I see they make a high cone and a side bar to push uncut hay out of the way they say so it doesn't wad up.
JD is worthless trying to find parts. Kuhn won't let me look at parts without creating an account. But not interested in that.

/ JD R200 mower #8  
You might try to talk to the parts counter at a dealer that sells Kuhn and see what they can pull up. I am a little surprised that the Deere dealer was not helpful with parts as any major dealer I've gotten parts from including Deere can pull up far better parts diagrams and listings and such on their computers than we can using the "public" parts websites. They are usually very happy to do so to help a customer as parts are usually pretty lucrative for the dealers, so is having a customer come back and buy more from them in the future.

/ JD R200 mower
Our JD dealers, both are them are run by the same group of people. They are horrible. I'll try and find a Kuhn dealer though. Thanks