JD x495 deal w/ trade

/ JD x495 deal w/ trade #1  

Dday

I'm looking for feedback on a deal I have open in northeast Ohio. A new 2005 JD x495 w/ 62c deck. Lists for $12,179. I have negotiated a price for both of $9,500 before sales tax. In addition, this particular dealer is willing to allow me $1,500 on a Lesco brand 52" landscape walk behind w/ 2 wheel sulky and metal catcher. The Lesco was used for 4 seasons w/ approx 250 hours on it. It has the 17hp Kaw twin w/ belt drive, not hydro. The closest competitor for the same deal is offering the x495 w/ 62c at $10,200 and is only allowing $1,250 for my trade.
I have 2.5 acres of semi-rural subdivision lawn. Primary use is mowing and leaf collection. I may add some snow removal in the future.

/ JD x495 deal w/ trade #2  
You might get more response in the Lawn and Garden forum.

First blush, seems like a decent deal but I don't know what you've got into the Lesco.

Something to think about is that you are about $1.5K or so away from a similar setup on a JD 2305. This opens up new possibilities down the road (snowblower, loader, 3 point attachments) while keeping the size down for your primary use (lawn).

Just a thought...

Scott