Oil & Fuel JD310A fuel line hoses

/ JD310A fuel line hoses #1  

farmgal

Newbie here. Female who bought a backhoe who has only a small clue about mechanics and no male around to help. I replaced the 5 rubber hoses (about 3-4" each) between the compression fittings in the fuel line on the top side of the tractor as they were pretty worn and fuel was dripping. They were a snug fit when I put them on. After running it about an hour, the hoses are all leaking fuel. What did I do wrong? How do I fix this?

/ JD310A fuel line hoses #2  
A couple of things come to mind that might cause this. First, was the hose you installed approved for use on diesel fuel? Some rubber products swell up when exposed to fuel or oil. If the hoses now feel spongy and loose, that is the problem. The other thing is to check the fuel line that goes from the injectors to the fuel tank. This is a return line and there should be no restriction in the flow back to tank. Rmove the hose towards the tank and blow through it to make sure it is open. the hose could be kinked or pinched causing too much back pressure.

/ JD310A fuel line hoses
Thanks for your help. The fuel lines were all clear so I believe it is the type of hose. I am going to drive the 2 hours to the JD dealer and get the right hoses. Should be up and running soon.