JD4020 Question

/ JD4020 Question #11  
Another option not mentioned here is to use one of the scv's to power the independent valve. Simply plug the pressure and return lines into the coupler and then tie the lever into position to provide flow. If you are trying to free up both valves for other purposes, of course that won't work, but I thought I would mention it.

The pressure line mentioned above is actually above the brake valve and slightly forward. It has a steel line attached that goes under the platform and feeds the rockshaft housing. It takes a 7/8" wrench to loosen it. If you remove the elbow from the clutch housing and install a tee, you can attach your pressure line there.

/ JD4020 Question #12  
I can barely turn on a computer so to answer your ???? no I don't has the computer skills to add arrows to a photo.

/ JD4020 Question
Thats okay I am a major computer guy

what is a rockshaft is it part of the 3 pt cuz I dont have a 3 pt

/ JD4020 Question #14  
Rockshaft is the thing that raises/lowers 3pt. So if your tractor is 3pt deleted I think you'll have to tee in under the hood on pressure control valve.

/ JD4020 Question
Okay here is another thought, what if I abandon the JD control altogether and replumb to a manifold feeding two seperate scv bodies, one with three valves for the loader and one with two for the rerar ports. The plumbing would be simpler having access to both the pressure and return lines from the original valve.

Thoughts?

/ JD4020 Question #16  
I'm not really understanding what you're trying to accomplish. Does your loader have a bucket grapple fork?

/ JD4020 Question #17  
The info they are providing by tapping into the pressure control valve line is the most effective method of getting hyd power to a ind control valve. The loader performance will also most likely be better but if tapping into the pressure control valve line you must return to the oil filter cover (esp if a powershift) to avoid starving of oil. You can still buy the actuall ported cover from a Deere dealer you will find one in the parts catalog for a 200 beet thinner. But really the main reason this is all usually done is to free up the original remotes for other applications.

/ JD4020 Question
The problem is three fold

1) I want to add a grapple:thumbsup:

2) using the rear controls to run the loader is awkward at best unsafe(reaction time) at worst;)

3) I do not want to have to unplug the loader every time I want tu use an implement with hydraulics:(