JD5210

/ JD5210 #1  

jga

Tractor
JD5210
My steering gets hard after about 2 hours of use. I have been told my inside filter might need cleaned. Does any one know where this is located on this model.

/ JD5210 #2  
I believe you are referencing the pick-up screen, which is located back by the PTO shaft. I have included the URL to the online operators manual, that addresses how to change the hydraulic fluid and replace the filter and just clean the pick-up screen.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMRE71736_19/

/ JD5210
Do you think this will help the steering. After about 2 hours of operation the sterring get jumpy or it is hard for a minuite and then normal and then hard again. Thank you for your help

/ JD5210 #4  
Along with the fluid, the filter and the pick-up screen are part of the overall hydraulic system. With that said when you are having problems with the steering are you also having problems with the loader and/or 3PT? If the answer is yes, then I would say yes and you have never replaced the hydraulic fluid and the hours are hours are over 1200 again I yes.

If the answer is no. On an off chance try moving the 3PT handle down with the steering is not operating correctly. When this is happening does the pump make more of a whine sound? Note the following URL as some whine noise maybe normal.

How many hours on the tractor and when was the fluid and filter changed last?

Noisy Steering on 5000 Tractors : Steering valve whines when in use

/ JD5210
It was changed at about 600 hrs and now has 1200 hrs. All the other hyd. work fine

/ JD5210 #7  
clean the screen put a jd transmission filter on it.