JDParts - is there anything else close?

/ JDParts - is there anything else close? #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
Another thread raised this thought - does any other brand offer anything like JDParts?

JDParts lets you pull up the latest parts catalogs, with full supercedence. You can price parts, check your dealers inventory and place orders online. On Sunday, or the middle of the night.

I am sure that the dealers are plugged in a similar system, and it isn't a big deal to make it available to users.

So who else is in this league?

/ JDParts - is there anything else close? #2  
I guess I'll bite? Not sure if anyone else would want to be in that league. I for one ain't worried about no stinkin' parts; all I'm interested in is if I need anything, they can be where I am in 24 hours. Just funnin' ya. Sounds like a nice thing to have. BobG in VA

/ JDParts - is there anything else close? #3  
Mike, I mentioned this in the past. John Deere has definitely got the edge on the computerized everything over any tractor manufactuer I have checked out, hands down. Even the warranty check status is online. It was that information my local JD dealer showed me and the numbers of the old 4X00 that had repair problems for a specific and recurring repair. It was great setup for discovering any weaknesses, but it also convinced me that I would wait on the 4X00 series to get an upgrade. Sure enough as you well know, they did. I credit JD for developing a far sophisticated computer system over any of the competition. Rat...

/ JDParts - is there anything else close? #4  
Mike,
Thanks for the link.
It is a very nice setup.
I went and priced parts for my 850. I didn't know this was available .
I sure would like to see Kioti have something similar .

/ JDParts - is there anything else close? #5  
I think it's great and I used it several times already. Just for kicks check out the range of parts that are available at the click of the mouse. You can get parts for 50 year old tractors and they have schematics for everything. If you don't know exactly what you need you can just look at the illustratios and figure out every nut, bolt and washer you need. They certainly didn't cut the IT departments budget /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That is some nice web application.

/ JDParts - is there anything else close?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for the link.
It is a very nice setup.
I went and priced parts for my 850. I didn't know this was available . )</font>

You're WELCOME!!

I'm glad it helps!!

KIOTI should, web developement is a sure way for little guys to level the playing field, I am almost surprised Deere actually leads here...

/ JDParts - is there anything else close? #7  
Hmmmm, 24 hour parts ordering ability. Maybe JD is trying to tell you guys something. While the rest of us are sleeping you JD owners are needing parts to keep it together. Get one that doesn't break that often.

I'm kidding guys, wish NH would follow the lead /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JDParts - is there anything else close?
JDParts also has all those cool soup-ups like 4n1 buckets, body armor and whatever. So SOMETIMES we are dreaming about NEW green stuff, too.

New Holland has a parts site, but I can't find a link in it to go anywhere... I wish they did too.