Jerky Clutch on Deere 5525

/ Jerky Clutch on Deere 5525 #1  

deerenole

Tractor
2007 John Deere 5525 Cab Model
I have purchased a 2007 Deere 5525 Cab Tractor with the 12/12 Power Reverser Transmission. The tractor is in excellent shape and has only 320 hours on it. When I test drove it, I immediately noticed an issue with the clutch. When letting out on the clutch slowly there is no gradual apply to ease forward or back up. It is either in or out, there is no in between. Having operated other 5025 series tractors, I know this is not correct. The tractor should be able to 兎ase back to hook up an implement or ease forward for loader operations. The power reverser function works fine so the issue is isolated to the foot clutch.
I have read up on the foot clutch on these models, and there is a clutch potentiometer involved that reads the position of the clutch pedal. I am not sure how it works, but I am thinking it may be the culprit. The clutch itself should not be worn out as the tractor has only 330 hours, and never had a loader on it. It was used for light mowing on a hay field.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Knowing that it has a clutch potentiometer, I would like to rule that issue out. From what little I have been able to find online, it sounds like there is a calibration that has to be done on the potentiometer, but I don稚 know how to troubleshoot it or calibrate if that is the case. Thanks for any help!

/ Jerky Clutch on Deere 5525 #2  
:welcome: to TBN
No direct answer, but have you considered getting the service tech manual for your model 5525?
Should give you the trouble shooting info and the pot calibration info.

Also, can look up parts at jdparts, with this link.. put in model number and browse for the pots to see the cost..
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/

/ Jerky Clutch on Deere 5525
Thank you for your reply. I have considered getting the tech manual, but just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue or knew what the fix would be. In your reply you refer to the "pot calibration". What exactly is that? Is that related to the clutch potentiometer?

/ Jerky Clutch on Deere 5525 #4  
"pot" short for potentiometer