Jinma Warning Light?

/ Jinma Warning Light? #1  

JesseJames

I have recently got a new Jinma 223 from a family member and a light is on that I cannot identify in the manual or any literature that came with it.

It is a red light that has a filled in circle (dot) with a thick red circle around it?

It is not the parking break as it has that light as well, any ideas????:confused:

/ Jinma Warning Light? #3  
JesseJames-
The Red lite on my 2007 Jinma 284 means that the ignition sw is on! It is located between the tach and oil pressure gauges and does look like a parking brake symbol- I was concerned enough to call the selling dealer cause being a red warning light universally means something that requires immediate attention and/or shutdown of equipment. You didn't specific what year or model (perhaps 204?) you have and IF all the other gauges are in the correct/safe range. Can you post a picture? -Ed

/ Jinma Warning Light? #4  
Hi..Both my 284 Jinmas had a red light that stayed on while the key is on..It is a reminder to turn the key off after shutting the engine off with the fuel shutoff. I changed the lens to a Green one from Radio Shack. Then I also added another light (Red) that comes on when the brake pedal is depressed. To avoid forgetting to release it if I locked the pedal down.

/ Jinma Warning Light? #5  
Follow the wires... There are several variants on these machines. My modular panel has two warning lights. One is for when the alternator quits charging and the other is for when the oil pressure falls below the low limit/switch point. Mine has NO normally on lights when it is on and running. It might be important to know exactly what that light is supposed to indicate.