john deere 2000 series compact tractors hydraulic pressure

/ john deere 2000 series compact tractors hydraulic pressure #1  

logankelly

Bronze Member
Tractor
jd2520
Ive been reading here and on the internet that some owners turn up their hydraulic pressure on their 2520s been thinking about doing that any of you owners had done this? I check mine and its 2475psi thinking about going to 2700 will I break something or blow seals out with 200 more psi
thanks

/ john deere 2000 series compact tractors hydraulic pressure #2  
Pressures vary between different models due to the axle rating of that particular tractor. Raising the pressure 50 psi probably won't do any harm, but 225 psi, providing you have a very accurate gauge, will break something or possibly kill you.

Why the need to increase the pressure?

/ john deere 2000 series compact tractors hydraulic pressure
more of a experiment, first hose i bust i turn it back down as for getting killed it won't be from raising. the pressure 200 lbs.

turn up the pressure not much difference in lifting maybe another 150 200 lbs. the rear ballast didn't have to be increase. will leave it unless i blow hose or seals start to leak.

/ john deere 2000 series compact tractors hydraulic pressure #5  
not much to gain

/ john deere 2000 series compact tractors hydraulic pressure #6  
I own a JD 2025r. Don’t quote me on these numbers but spec for mine is about 2000 to 2200 psi. Mine was on the low end of the spec and I turned it up to about 2450 psi. That was a little higher than I wanted but I left it to try it out. Mine has a noticeable lift increase. I have an IBC tote cage filled with landscape blocks that I can now lift, just barely. I’d also guess my increase is not huge, a few hundred pounds at most. On a smaller tractor a 200 pounds of lift is a lot. Obviously you have to be careful bumping this up you don’t damage something lifting to heavy.

/ john deere 2000 series compact tractors hydraulic pressure #7  
No problem. The hoses, wheels, tires, axles, spindles, cylinders, loader mounts, and loader arms are all replaceable.
Your wife says even YOU are !

/ john deere 2000 series compact tractors hydraulic pressure #8  
turn up the pressure not much difference in lifting maybe another 150 200 lbs. the rear ballast didn't have to be increase. will leave it unless i blow hose or seals start to leak.

As a percentage of the total lift of that loader, that is quite a lot, but not my tractor

like I said this is more of an experiment, the results what I have found are about 120 lbs more lifting capacity but also it sped up the lift time and dumping time, also my loader hoses were jumping around more which explains the increase pressure so at the end turned it back down to the original setting.