John Deere 2010 PTO stopped working.

/ John Deere 2010 PTO stopped working. #1  

Shane761

Tractor
John Deere 2010
I just finished replacing the hydraulic filter and oil for the three point hitch. Hooked up the bush hog to the tractor to test the hitch, the hitch worked really good. Pushed the PTO level to engage it and it made the normal grinding sound and went into gear then the PTO began to rotate and then slowed down and stopped. I moved the lever back and forth and nothing happens and I can feel nothing no resistance at all. Any one have and idea what I did wrong?

/ John Deere 2010 PTO stopped working. #2  
Shane
:welcome: to TBN

Might need to track down to see if the PTO shifter is engaging the PTO clutch. Maybe something failed in the linkage.. let us know what you find.

Bothers me that you said you have the "normal" grinding sound.. should not have any grinding sound if your tractor clutch is adjusted right..

/ John Deere 2010 PTO stopped working. #3  
Shane
:welcome: to TBN

Might need to track down to see if the PTO shifter is engaging the PTO clutch. Maybe something failed in the linkage.. let us know what you find.

Bothers me that you said you have the "normal" grinding sound.. should not have any grinding sound if your tractor clutch is adjusted right..

2010 pto mechanism IMHO is a very poor design & has made grinding noises when engaged every since tractor rolled off assembly line. There's several places the linkage could have become disconnected.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    93.6 KB · Views: 376