john deere 4052R dash diagnostic codes

/ john deere 4052R dash diagnostic codes #1  

4052R

Tractor
4052R
Hi, I have a new 2017 4052R john deere, I need some help. My tractor is at the dealer for the last 8 week to correct 6 error codes. They took the tractor because I had a dash code that said ptr a The tractor would not move forward, backward and had no power steering with this code.There was no number after the ptr a code. The dealer came out to my house and did a diagnostic scan with his laptop and that's where we found the additional 5 error coded. My question is, what should I be seeing on my dash when the tractor has error code? The tractor would not let me scroll thru and get any additional numbers or codes. If the tractor has 6 errors shouldn't I see that message on my dash? That one code went away and the tractor worked fine if I turned it off and started it back up. It seems like there are problems with the tractor and it's not showing up on my dash????? The codes that I am getting are not all related to one another.

I asked my dealer these questions and he could not answer them.

Thank you for your help

4052R

/ john deere 4052R dash diagnostic codes #2  
I have no experience with the late model JDs so I can't really help. But from what you describe, I would guess it has to do with faulty electronics (computer system), rather than mechanical issues.

/ john deere 4052R dash diagnostic codes
I have no experience with the late model JDs so I can't really help. But from what you describe, I would guess it has to do with faulty electronics (computer system), rather than mechanical issues.

Thanks for the reply Oldoak,

I think it maybe a little of both. They have replaced the power reverser switch, speed sensor switch on the crank and now they are replacing the steering control valve.

It's a shame because I only have 50 hours on the tractor.

Thanks
4052R

/ john deere 4052R dash diagnostic codes #4  
Shame indeed and how disappointed you must be after purchasing a new tractor. I would expect better from JD, a premier tractor manufacturer.

/ john deere 4052R dash diagnostic codes #5  
I'm not defending the dealership... however electronic/computer control is a different 'kettle of fish' and they may be being fooled by a cascading fault. What I'm saying is that they are firing the "parts-cannon" at individual code faults whereas it could simply be a single fault that is causing the other faults to appear.

I say this from my experience as a Navy electronics tech. Your dealership may be overwhelmed (in their experience) by your tractor's presented fault(s).

/ john deere 4052R dash diagnostic codes
I'm not defending the dealership... however electronic/computer control is a different 'kettle of fish' and they may be being fooled by a cascading fault. What I'm saying is that they are firing the "parts-cannon" at individual code faults whereas it could simply be a single fault that is causing the other faults to appear.

I say this from my experience as a Navy electronics tech. Your dealership may be overwhelmed (in their experience) by your tractor's presented fault(s).

Thanks Wagtail,

I understand what you are saying. My dealer is being advised by John Deere in how to address the repairs on the tractor. The thing that I don't understand is why the tractor did not display all 6 of my error codes on my dash. I had no idea there were 5 other codes until the dealer out to my house and did a computer scan.(did I buy the tractor with these error codes) The last I know is one of the fault codes have been cleared by replacing the crank speed sensor. Replacing that sensor did not fix or clear that ptr a code that lead me to call the dealer in the first place.

Thanks for you help
4052R