Price Check John Deere 4120 eHydro Appraisal

/ John Deere 4120 eHydro Appraisal #1  

USMC2531

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4120
Hello,

I'm in a situation where I'm probably going to have to sell my 2009 John Deere 4120 eHydro. I would like to describe the tractor below the best I can and would really appreciate any help as to what I could expect to sell this tractor for (high value/low value) either as a package with implements or just the tractor. Tractor is paid for and is extremely neat and clean and kept inside.

2009 John Deere (Open station) eHydro (took possession from dealer November 2009)
148 Hours / 41 PTO Hours
R4 Tires loaded with beat juice and molasses
Deluxe Hood Guard
Supplement lighting system front & back
Telescoping draft links + orginal draft links

400 CX Loader with 72" Frontier 4 in 1 Bucket

485 Backhoe

MX6 John Deere Rotary Cutter

673 John Deere Tiller

ANy help appraising this would be extremely helpful. Any questions please ask.

Thanks,
Steve

/ John Deere 4120 eHydro Appraisal #2  
A good ballpark to start with is to take the price you paid and deduct about 15-20% if you are selling it yourself. Take off a bit more if you trade it in. Sometimes, you can work a deal with your dealer to sell it on consignment for you for about 5-10% commission. They can sometimes get a better price for it than you can.

Good luck. There is good demand for a combo like yours. Don't be in too big of a hurry if you can avoid it. Craigslist can work if you have the time to deal with it. Watch out for scammers if you do. Just be wary and knowledgeable about craigslist and you can use it to your advantage.

/ John Deere 4120 eHydro Appraisal #3  
You can and should also search machinefinder and tractorhouse to see what going prices are.

/ John Deere 4120 eHydro Appraisal #4  
You can and should also search machinefinder and tractorhouse to see what going prices are.

Of course, the prices listed on MachineFinder and Tractorhouse are dealer prices...still, good websites to check out.

Kyle gave you (IMHO) some good advice for initial advertising pricing. Although demand may be great (not sure this is correct though), your tractor is pretty new and competing against new machines with warranty and, probably, better financing.

Best of luck to you!!

/ John Deere 4120 eHydro Appraisal
All good information ! I really appreciate everyone taking the time to reply. More comments welcome.

thanks,
steve

/ John Deere 4120 eHydro Appraisal #6  
Tractor House has a way that you can "average" the price of other similar model tractors that are listed. I think that is a useful feature. By perusing these listings on Tractorhouse.com, I think you can get in a narrow range of the prices you should be looking to get. Spend a few hours comparing....it's worth your time. You just gotta factor in the accessories / options. They add up in a hurry.

If your implements / backhoe are nearly new.....I think the 20% under new price would be a reasonable target. If you have good pics and write a good add.....CL will get you some action IMO.

Also, you get 1 free listing on TH. I had some action from TH when I sold my 790....but the CL add is what sold it locally.

It all sounds like good equipment.....and good, clean stuff sells at fair prices! Especially the green brand! :thumbsup:

/ John Deere 4120 eHydro Appraisal #7  
All good information ! I really appreciate everyone taking the time to reply. More comments welcome.

thanks,
steve

I am sorry you are in a position where you may have to sell your tractor and attachments, but am wondering if you have any warranty coverage left, or if you may have purchased an extended warranty. The extended warranty would be a selling point. I am not sure, however, what Deere does as regards warranty coverage when the original purchaser sells the tractor, either with factory warranty or extended warranty.

Agree that 15 to 20% off your original price would be very fair, especially because it sounds like you have taken excellent care of your equipment.

/ John Deere 4120 eHydro Appraisal #8  
Hi
Interested in your machine
can you provide contract information
Thank You
Brian Parsons
brianp@nfld.com

/ John Deere 4120 eHydro Appraisal #10  
Welcome,
Check the date of the post, it's been over 4 years it was made.

Well, the seller should be ready to make a deal by now:thumbsup: