John Deere 435 twine not tying

/ John Deere 435 twine not tying #1  

John Boy 68

Tractor
John Deere 6400
I know it’s an old baler but serves my needs but when I wrap a bale the end of the twine does not stick to the bale but will look like a tail on kite. After the twine is cut I run it a few more rotations but still does not stick to the bale. What am I doing wrong????

/ John Deere 435 twine not tying #2  
Welcome to this forum
The twine being strung out when ejecting a bale is one of the contributing reasons I traded my 467 twine only for a 467 netwrap baler in '07. I suggest to sharpen twine knife, check anvil that twine knife contacts to shred twine to be sure it's level with knife & has no groove worn on it. Also lubricate pivot area on twine knife holder.

/ John Deere 435 twine not tying #3  
On each side of the baler there is a hook that catches the twine. that hook is bent.

/ John Deere 435 twine not tying #4  
Additionally, the twine tension must be kept tight enough so the knives can cut it. Too loose and even if the knives are sharp, it won't cut the twine. I only run twine as backup, like Jim, net is the best solution. Besides net bales weather much better.

/ John Deere 435 twine not tying #5  
On each side of the baler there is a hook that catches the twine. that hook is bent.
I don't remember a twine guide on RH side of 435 baler nor can I locate a RH twine guide in 435 parts catalog

/ John Deere 435 twine not tying #7  
my bad a 435 only got one on the left side. still think its bent letting the string fall off the side .