John Deere 4600 MFWD front Hub shaft too tight problem.

/ John Deere 4600 MFWD front Hub shaft too tight problem. #1  

mopar440cu

Next door to the Gates of H*** in Sumterville, F
Tractor
John Deere 4500 4X4
I am trying to figure out how to properly shim the front axle hub shaft bearings. My passenger side had no shims while the drivers had one. I replaced all bearings, seals, races and put it back exactly how I took it apart, but my hub shaft on the passenger side is too tight at the proper torque specs on the hub shaft and the tire wont spin freely. If I loosen the hub shaft nut it will spin, but its not at torque specs. The only thing I did not do as the manual states is to replace the retaining nut on the hub shaft, which is a torque prevailing nut. maybe that's an issue? That or the preload on the bearings is off? I am guessing and frustrated!

The manual says:
*Apply 1200 lbs axial load on the web of the bevel gear 41T, while rolling and oscillating the bearings to insure proper seating.
>>>( How do you apply 1200 lbs axial load to the bevel without breaking the teeth and what is axial load??)
*With the load applied, measure the dimension between the gear face and the end of the hub shaft (non threaded portion)
>>>>( I think they are asking to measure between the flat part of the bevel gear and the inner flat side of the hub shaft when together, correct?)
*Select the same thickness shim(s) to the shaft.

Anybody ever done this that can help please? Alos anyone know where I can get shims for this without going through JD? The shims alone are way over $100.
Thanks, Steve
IMG_7084.JPG
IMG_7085.JPG