Buying Advice John Deere 5065E Advice

/ John Deere 5065E Advice #1  

capttractor

Tractor
John Deere 4300
I'm in the market for a new John Deere 5065e with multiple attachments including loader with 4in1 bucket, palletforks, grooming mower, leaf blower, rear blade, landscape rake etc. Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations on this purchase.

/ John Deere 5065E Advice #2  
101_1108.jpg101_1109.jpg
Are you getting the loader with SSQA, or are you using the JD system?
I went with SSQA because I already had forks, and other buckets set up that way. There is nothing wrong with the JD system, but SSQA is more common, if you wish to borrow equipment.
My 5055 came with a class 2 hitch. I think JD offers cross drilled balls for class 1 and 2, so you don't need to use bushings all the time.
I installed cross drilled balls on my standard arms, because I found the bushings a pain.
I assume the dealer will suggest a cold weather air preheater, if their not standard equipment now.

Bill

Last edited:
   / John Deere 5065E Advice #3  
The preheater is standard. The kit for adding the second scv on the rear that you will need to have for a third function on the loader comes with bolts that are too short. Also make sure they fit up the hoses that run back to the front so they are not bent too tight or interfere with the three point hitch lift arms when they are all the way down. Check your radiator hose clamps at 10 ,25, and 50 hours along with rim bolts on all wheels. I have telescoping draft links on my 3PH which are handy. One side is cross drilled for both cat 1 and cat 2 the other side is just cat 2 and needs a bushing for cat 1. I don't know why.

/ John Deere 5065E Advice #4  
One side is cross drilled for both cat 1 and cat 2 the other side is just cat 2 and needs a bushing for cat 1. I don't know why.

They put the wrong lift arm (or end) on your tractor then. If you have extendable draft links both sides will be cross drilled for Cat I and II. The standard flat lift arms are Cat II only.

/ John Deere 5065E Advice #5  
i wish i had spent the money and gotten the power reverser and digital dash. the cross drilled balls as stated aren't available on the standard links.

SSQA is much more common. i'd go with it over the JD carrier

vtsnowedin - i don't follow what you saying about the second SCV

/ John Deere 5065E Advice #6  
i wish i had spent the money and gotten the power reverser and digital dash. the cross drilled balls as stated aren't available on the standard links.

SSQA is much more common. i'd go with it over the JD carrier

vtsnowedin - i don't follow what you saying about the second SCV
As I have related in a thread about my three point hitch when I removed the scv valves I discovered that the three bolts that go through them and into the rockshaft valve body only extended three threads beyond the paired scv valves and into the rockshaft valve block. I was told that the m10X100mm cap screws were what came with the kit and sure enough if you look up the second scv kit those are the screws listed. But the screws for a single valve are listed at M10x80 mm and the second valve body is machined from a plate 38mm (1 1/2") thick. Now 80 plus 38 = 138 not 100. My dealer got me some m10x110 screws at no charge so I'm all set but any 50xxx tractor with two rear remotes is probably held on by just three threads and the steel pipes going back to the quick connect bracket.

/ John Deere 5065E Advice #7  
got it....thanks