/ John Deere 5520 Instrument Cluster Not Working #1  

gardenguru

Tractor
John Deere 5520
I purchased a 5520, the instrument cluster is not working. I sent it to be tested and it works fine. I've had a mechanic work on it extensively with no success. The cluster has rpm, fuel gauge and temperature gauge. I'm considering just adding aftermarket fuel and temperature gauges. I'd love your thoughts.

/ John Deere 5520 Instrument Cluster Not Working #2  
Welcome to TBN

Interesting, but who/where do you send it for testing?
And is it a Deere mechanic working on it?

/ John Deere 5520 Instrument Cluster Not Working
Agexpress.com did the testing. Found it functioned perfectly. The mechanic was not a Deere mechanic, but one who had maintained the tractor since it was new.

/ John Deere 5520 Instrument Cluster Not Working #4  
Does the mechanic need the computer software that Deere uses to check out the instrument cluster? Does the instrument cluster give any error lights ?? Seems we are missing some information to help, but maybe your mechanic has it all under control.

/ John Deere 5520 Instrument Cluster Not Working #5  
I am assuming you/someone checked out the wiring? It could be as simple as a bad ground. I would get a wiring diagram for the tractor. Maybe one of the other members can help you or contact your local JD dealership.

/ John Deere 5520 Instrument Cluster Not Working
We did obtain a wiring diagram and did test the wiring.

/ John Deere 5520 Instrument Cluster Not Working #7  
I had a 5520 when new and there was an instrument cluster recall. I got a new cluster.

Things to try are a bad ground and fuses. Keep it simple because Most elec-related problems are from a bad ground. Then move on to fuses. Also find out what the recall was about.

The 5520 is a great tractor.