John Deere 7300 4 row planter vacuum fan question!??

/ John Deere 7300 4 row planter vacuum fan question!?? #1  

Garrett2006

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2706e
I just purchased a John Deere 7300 vacuum system planter with 4 row units mounted onto the bar. It doesn稚 have tow markers or anything else that would need hydraulics. I have a set of rear remotes on my Massey Ferguson 2706e. It痴 a closed system & I have been told it has to be an open system to run the planter fan by hydraulic. I can稚 see where that little fan motor would cause enough harm or heat to cause damage to my tractor hydraulic pump. Anyone have any insight on this? If so, my only options would be buy a electric vacuum system with an inverter, buy a pto pump with cooler and tank or buy a John Deere tractor with an open system. There痴 gotta be a better way to make it work. Thanks

/ John Deere 7300 4 row planter vacuum fan question!?? #2  
There is a post on AG TALK, (https://talk.newagtalk.com) but it is about the 7200; John Deere 7200 vacuum planter hydraulic requirements.
It would give better results if you post there.
I would order a 7300 manual first.

/ John Deere 7300 4 row planter vacuum fan question!?? #3  
The specs that I see for a Massey 2706e are 12.4 prm with an open center system?
Most JD's are closed center systems.

what can be done on an open center system is to install a variable flow divider,
this will all a set amount to the planter with the balance returning directly to the tractor.
One major issue with this is that with full flow going for the pump none is left for other remotes or the 3 pt. lift.
They can be plumbed with the flow divider feeding as a power beyound but that can get complicated in a hurry.

Last edited: