Tires John Deere 750 : need wide industrial or ag tires to replace my turf tires

/ John Deere 750 : need wide industrial or ag tires to replace my turf tires
If you don't plan on fixing the 4wd, then I'd say go for it. With these tires being shorter than the turfs, it will tend to bind up the 4wd. The axles are geared for a specific ratio of front-rear tire height. If you left turfs on the front, you might be alright though because they should be able to slip unless you're on pavement.

Regardless of the tires, the 750 is a narrow tractor. If it has a loader, i wouldn't want to drive up or down a steep slope with a load in the bucket. Also, I would never drive this tractor across a slope. It's just too narrow. What the ag tires do allow me to do is go comfortably up or down a slope with a bush hog on the tractor without being scared of skidding down the hill. Would I want to go up and down slopes all day long with this setup? No. But for cutting the trail down to the bottom at our farm, cutting my shooting range, and pulling a small disc for food plots, it does just fine.

What do you use the tractor for?

I use my 750 for mowing. I have a Woods finishing mower. My land is hilly so I do have to be careful due to it being a narrow tractor. The turf tires were having a hard time getting traction climbing the steeper hills. I don't have a loader on my tractor. I grew up a city boy so still learning tractors. lol! One thing I learned early was that I don't like getting this tractor crossways on a slope. A neighbor borrowed it once and left it on a slope that scared the daylights out of me getting it out of there. I would have been buried with the tractor seat firmly attached to my rear end. lol!

/ John Deere 750 : need wide industrial or ag tires to replace my turf tires #12  
The 750 basically became the 770, then 790, then 3005. I believe that the MFWD gear ratios carried so factory tire combos from one will work on the others. I have a 770 and had a 750 so I'm near 100% certain. I know the 770 and 790 share a ton of parts. Anyway the factory front for a mfwd with the "squatty" R-1 mentioned before is a 12-6. I have the full set I took off my 770 when I put my turfs on.

/ John Deere 750 : need wide industrial or ag tires to replace my turf tires
The 750 basically became the 770, then 790, then 3005. I believe that the MFWD gear ratios carried so factory tire combos from one will work on the others. I have a 770 and had a 750 so I'm near 100% certain. I know the 770 and 790 share a ton of parts. Anyway the factory front for a mfwd with the "squatty" R-1 mentioned before is a 12-6. I have the full set I took off my 770 when I put my turfs on.

Thanks, I appreciate the help. This winter I'll probably tear into the transfer case and see what's broken. Then I can go for the new tires. It would be great being able to use the 4 wheel drive again. Really helps on the hills.

/ John Deere 750 : need wide industrial or ag tires to replace my turf tires #14  
I have a John Deere 750 compact tractor that has turf tires on it. I live on hilly terrain so I need a wide track to keep it stable. Are there any industrial or ag tires made that will fit my wide turf tire rims? I know they offer a narrow ag tire on that tractor but it's too narrow to be safe where I live. Any ideas? My turf tires don't grab well so I need an alternative. Thanks for any advice.

I have a set of factory-sized, front and rear, ag tires from a JD750. With the rims. I need a set of turf tires. Maybe we can work out a swap? The ag tire look new.

/ John Deere 750 : need wide industrial or ag tires to replace my turf tires #15  
I have a set of factory-sized, front and rear, ag tires from a JD750. With the rims. I need a set of turf tires. Maybe we can work out a swap? The ag tire look new.

I would be interested in a trade, I've been looking for some Ag tires and wheels for my 750

/ John Deere 750 : need wide industrial or ag tires to replace my turf tires #16  
Try Calling Dawson Tire & Wheel in Gothenburg, Ne @ 1-888-604-3403 They probably would have some help & advice for you!

/ John Deere 750 : need wide industrial or ag tires to replace my turf tires #17  
My 1025 has very wide R4 tires on it. It'll take the same size R3 tires on the same wheels.

I'd stick with the R3s. They have MUCH better grip for turning, and I don't think the R4s have much more grip for forward/reverse than the R3s had on the 4010.

Ralph