John Deere 755 not starting

/ John Deere 755 not starting #1  

bkosienski

Tractor
john deere 755
I own a late 1990's jd755 and I ran out of fuel after the winter. I will outline what steps I have taken up to this point:
Replaced battery cables to get full cranking power
Checked battery , good
Checked starter , fuel pump all good
Bleeded fuel line up to second bleed screw in owners manual. I was able to bleed just no.3 injection nozzle. Injection nozzle as indicated in manual should be loosened to allow air out of lines but I am having trouble getting to the no 1 injector bolt. It is in a difficult location. All the fuel line block access , is there a special tool?
Also the engine is cranking and white smoke is coming out of engine. I did use an additive over the winter.
Next steps : replace fuel filter bleed lines again

Any other suggestions please help

/ John Deere 755 not starting #2  
Sounds like you are on the right track. On my tractors I just bleed the system up thru the pump and can get it to start without even fooling with the injector lines. Make sure your fuel shutoff solenoid is OK.

/ John Deere 755 not starting #3  
I don't understand why you're concerned about injector bolts. Bleeding process merely involves loosening the fuel delivery line, not mounting bolts.

/ John Deere 755 not starting #4  
I had a leak on an 855 fuel filter bowl gasket that let air in (so it wouldn't start) but it didn't leak any fuel out. The giveaway was an air bubble visible at the top of the filter bowl.

/ John Deere 755 not starting
That's what I mean , I loosened injection nozzle bolt which loosens the seal of the fuel injection line. I did that process on no 1and 2 but could not loosen no 3, tight spot on jd 755. Still not starting , checking fuel shutoff solenoid

/ John Deere 755 not starting #6  
You might check the wire to fuel shutoff to make sure voltage is present while cranking, not just with key in run position. If you have doubts, use a jumper wire with 12V directly to the coil. You can loosen all three lines at the pump and fuel will flow when cranking if system is working.

/ John Deere 755 not starting #7  
I am restoring a JD-755. Does anyone know the fuel pressure coming out of the fuel or transfer pump. I'm talking about the pump that pumps the fuel from the tank to the Injector pump.

/ John Deere 755 not starting #8  
What does the white smoke indicate? I have run diesels out of fuel , had to prine & bleed to restart but never any white smoke??

/ John Deere 755 not starting #9  
White smoke is diesel that has not burned. Is it turning over quickly or slowly. Diesels like to turn quickly to build heat to fire fuel. Others will disagree but I would try a little starting fluid. Get it to fire a few licks and it might clear it's self up.
Don't use starting fluid and glow plugs at the same time.