John Deere 850 aka yanmar 2500 saga continues need help

/ John Deere 850 aka yanmar 2500 saga continues need help #1  

stinson89

Tractor
yanmar 1500D
Back story on tractor is I did a rebuild on it new pistons, rings, rod bearings and head gasket. Flushed radiator new thermostat adjusted valves. I got it back together and it will start but it just seems like it has no power and I’m pretty sure it’s getting to hot also it won’t idle has to be at least at half throttle to stay running. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions I’m at my end with this thing a lot of time any money in it?

/ John Deere 850 aka yanmar 2500 saga continues need help #2  
Head problem is my guess. Hook the compression tester backup and check it. New Rings & pistons should be excellent!! Leave the compression tester hooked up and watch for the Compression to drop. It drops real quick= Big leak

/ John Deere 850 aka yanmar 2500 saga continues need help #3  
Another thought is the injector pump installed correctly? Any idea on how good your injectors are? I agree on compression test being the first thing to do.

/ John Deere 850 aka yanmar 2500 saga continues need help #4  
Back story on tractor is I did a rebuild on it new pistons, rings, rod bearings and head gasket. Flushed radiator new thermostat adjusted valves. I got it back together and it will start but it just seems like it has no power and I’m pretty sure it’s getting to hot also it won’t idle has to be at least at half throttle to stay running. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions I’m at my end with this thing a lot of time any money in it?
watch this at least 5X. Then try the alignment to get the idle working.

/ John Deere 850 aka yanmar 2500 saga continues need help #5  
Also, we have FREE manuals for your machine at the YTOG, not just the Deere, also the Yanmar manuals for it too. Plus an entire service manual to overhaul the fuel pump and system.