John Deere 855 compact tractor water pump replacement advice

/ John Deere 855 compact tractor water pump replacement advice #1  

tackit

Tractor
Joh Deere 855.
My JD 855 compact tractor's water pump has stopped cooling the tractor, light comes on at around 215 degrees, changed the thermostat but it didn't help, evidently the pumps impeller vanes are wore down because it isn't leaking at the bushing and it's not making any noise. I was wondering if anyone has changed one out and if the job was easy to accomplish. Thank you.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 855 compact tractor water pump replacement advice #2  
I would flush the radiator first that is the likely cause. I doubt that the water pump is your problem.
My rule for working on equipment is start with the cheep stuff first and if that doesn't work you are not out as much $$$$$. Ed

/ John Deere 855 compact tractor water pump replacement advice #3  
I would trouble shoot but an impeller falling off a pump shaft is not unheard of.

/ John Deere 855 compact tractor water pump replacement advice
Thanks guys. I'll give the radiator a flush job first and see what happens. It's never had a cleaning since I bought back in 1992.

In all these years this is the first running problem that I've had with it. I've only had to change a ignition switch maybe two times, once a tachometer cable, once it's PTO dashboard switch and once a bucket hydraulic line that was my fault.