John Deere 870 clutch stuck

/ John Deere 870 clutch stuck #1  

Smasi

Tractor
John Deere 870
Tractor sat for over 2 months. Read all the good fixes. Could not move clutch disc thru access hole in front of brake pedal tried everything. Ended up hooking chain to draw bar and to a stump. Clutch depressed and in first gear. Stopped dead and engine cut out. The chain was so tight I couldn’t get it out of gear and left it overnight with all that tension on disc. Came out in the morning and chain was loose and disc slid back. 1st gear, clutch depressed and sat overnight fixed it. Using a board when not using. Hoping it doesn’t do damage

/ John Deere 870 clutch stuck #2  
Ah, another Yanmar in JD green paint with a stuck clutch.

Here is the typical solution.

/ John Deere 870 clutch stuck #3  
Some had a hinged bracket (not quite sure how to describe it) designed to hold the clutch pedal near the floor (my yanmar does).
If this is not present, a good substitute is the board under the floor holding the clutch pedal down and this the clutch off the flywheel.
I have seen them rust together just from humidity when they sit for prolonged periods.
I was alway told to remove the external overrun clutch and run a brush cutter with clutch pedal depressed. But does not work well with internal overrun clutches.
You got it loose so now keep it that way with the board.

/ John Deere 870 clutch stuck #4  
I had a stuck clutch some years ago JD 870 4wd ,,,,,, I had used it in the river clearing debris that washed up on my doat ramp ....... Tried 35 mph dropping a double turn plow and no sucess .... Took it to friend who took it down to last bolts and found access hole in top of bellhousing He tied clutch pedal down and Took a long mac screwdriver and tapped it a few times and pop it slid back !!!!! didnt have to put a clutch in for many years ,,,,,,When that time comes Do your self a favor , Call tractor clutches are us ........Jeff is the Head guy tell him Ol Frank in Clover sc sent ya has great prices and better service . He is my only choice for tractor clutchs . God bless frankauten@yahoo.com.......