John Deere 955 hydrostat pedal position

/ John Deere 955 hydrostat pedal position #1  

SubstanceP

Tractor
John Deere 955
I purchased a John Deere 955 tractor with a 70A loader in December that has 750 or so hours on it. Because of the cold snowy winter, I haven't had much seat time and my inexperience led to me getting stuck in some pretty sloppy mud. I did quite a lot of back and forth rocking and nearly got free, but ultimately I needed the pickup to drag me out to dryer land. After this fiasco, I noticed that the formerly level forward and reverse pedals now sit with the forward pedal 2-3 inches lower than than reverse. It makes it sorta uncomfortable to get the forward pedal all the way down, but I could live with it. My biggest concern is that something is broken, or will cause failure down the line. I am pretty mechanically inclined, but after rooting around under the tractor, I see nothing that might adjust the pedal position in relationship to each other. Also, nothing looks bent or damaged. To be clear, there is no forward or back creep. All the info I have been able to find seems to relate to adjusting for creep. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

/ John Deere 955 hydrostat pedal position #2  
There is a special grease fitting for the pedal pivot. Did you grease it? It you have been mired in mud, you may have gotten some into your sensitive underpinnings. A good pressure-wash first may be called for.