John Deere A/B/G Question

/ John Deere A/B/G Question #1  

49FarmallM

Tractor
1949 Farmall M
Hey I've been tossing around the idea of tradin my M off for a two cylinder just to get something different NF te seat on my farmall is **** on my back. What I was wondering was up until 1948 John Deere had a pan seat. Is there a way to put a sqaure seat on a pre 48? Including the slant dashes? (I don't want a hand start)

/ John Deere A/B/G Question #2  
Hey I've been tossing around the idea of tradin my M off for a two cylinder just to get something different NF te seat on my farmall is **** on my back. What I was wondering was up until 1948 John Deere had a pan seat. Is there a way to put a sqaure seat on a pre 48? Including the slant dashes? (I don't want a hand start)

The square seat on my 1949 JD B is attached to the battery box. So that's what I'd do to get that type of seat on a pre-48 B.

JD-B rear.JPG

Good luck.

/ John Deere A/B/G Question
I hope that's what I'm able to do because I'd leave the battery under the good if I got a slant dash but id use the room under the seat for a radio or something

/ John Deere A/B/G Question #4  
I own a 1950 John Deere A with factory battery box seat, as well as 1946 Farmall M with original Farmall pipe spring seat, and a 1951 Farmall H with the optional Monroe seat (big tapered spring and a shock absorber).

The battery box seats on the Deere letter series 2 cylinders lack a suspension system. In other words the cushion foam is all you got. That said they are decently comfortable as long as the terrain does not get too rough. The rollamatic front end helps smooth the ride a bit too. Now once you go with a Deere 50,60,70 or newer 2 cylinder then you get a float ride seat with suspension. The rubber torsion springs break frequently though....

No way would I trade my M off due to not liking the seat. People have mounted Deere battery box seats on their Farmalls (I know sacriligous). After market seats can be mounted as well rather easily.

Over all, I like both my Farmall M and my Deere model A. The Farmall is much smoother on PTO loads and the Deere has a better selection of gear speeds (only the 1950, 1951, and 1952 models have the better single stick tranny though IMOP). That said, if I could keep only one of them it would be the Farmall M.