John Deere x534 Transaxle fluid amount

/ John Deere x534 Transaxle fluid amount #1  

jgeller11

Tractor
John Deere x534
I have a 2006 x534 purchased used. Changed the transmission fluid for the first time yesterday.
Manual says it takes 5.6 quarts. I put in 4 quarts. Ran the machine for 5 minutes as described in the manual. When I checked the fluid level it was way past the Full Mark, almost to the top of the reservoir.
How can this be?
Should I remove the excess?
Run it for a longer time?

/ John Deere x534 Transaxle fluid amount #2  
Some machines have more than one drain point - my Kubota does. It's possible you did not drain completely. Did you happen to measure what you drained? The specifications tell the capacity from completely dry, as in from the factory. There is no way to drain ALL the fluid. I would probably take the level down to the full mark and go from there. Watch the level, it may go down a bit with use.

/ John Deere x534 Transaxle fluid amount #3  
The manual does show two drain plugs. Did you remove both to drain?

/ John Deere x534 Transaxle fluid amount
I removed both drain plugs and put in a new filter. Today I measured what drained out; 158 ounces which is 2oz short of 5 quarts. I only put in 128 oz and it's over full? It was actually I little low before i drained it

/ John Deere x534 Transaxle fluid amount #5  
Did you move it - turn the tires at all when it was drained? If yes you could have introduced some air into the system that needs to work its way out.