Buying Advice Joining the 1430 club

/ Joining the 1430 club #1  

LondonVermont

Tractor
TBC
It's a long drive from Northern Vermont to Tazewell, a very long drive.

Having done the journey twice in three days I'm sold on the PT1430.
I initially wanted a brush hogger to cut 20+ acres once a year and a snow blower for a 500' gravel drive.
I'm not convinced on the snow blower, the machine struggled with the brush hogging and I can only find videos where a similar machine creeps along slowly nipping a minute amount of snow, add to that deep wet or icy snow and I'm not sure my $3,500 would be well spent.
The BH didn't appear to be as capable as the Ventrac that came for a demo, the real test will be when I run them on the same slope and grasses, I plan on spreading the BH'ing out over many early cool fall mornings. What sold me was how much more it could do than the Ventrac, the ease of control, its sturdy build, it's speed and that I'd be able to spanner it myself.
As I'm building a house I've got a lot of remedial landscaping from the site and septic, a lot of material to move around the site, 300+ popal trees to remove, an apple orchard and a sugar Maple forest to tidy up and put back into use, plus a small herd of sheep and handful of pigs and chicks.

So I have ordered:
Power Trac 1430 PT1430
54"4 in 1 bucket T3324
29" Utility grapple T3425
Mini hoe T3320
60" Brush cutter T3021
72" Blade T3187
Steel cutting bar K148
Caster wheel kit K164

Any thoughts gratefully received.

I'm paying to get the lot shipped so say now if you live up North and need anything large.

Last edited:
   / Joining the 1430 club #2  
Personally, I think snow blowing is something to avoid if at all possible. It is much slower than plowing. A V-plow is the nicest setup. You can buy a used one and weld on an attachment plate for the PT. But you would have to add another hydraulic circuit to your setup.

Ken

/ Joining the 1430 club
Hi Ken,
Glad to hear your assessment on the blower as I was still unsure if I'd made the right decision.
The V plow sounds good but why does it require an additional hydraulic circuit?
Jess

/ Joining the 1430 club #5  
The V-Plow has 2 independent cylinders that let you change it from a V-plow to an angled plow to a reverse V snow pusher.

Here is the link to how I did it: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...nal-hydraulic-circuits-pt1850.html?highlight=

That is a great Mod. I never have to disconnect the lines from the quick attach plate to use the auxillary PTO. So now, the only thing the lower lever is used for is the quick attach plate.

This and the low profile suspension seat are the best mods I have made.

Ken