Jumping starter to start tractor

/ Jumping starter to start tractor #1  

Hoho223

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT120
I have a 2012 BobCat CT120. Got on it today and it wouldn稚 start. Turned key and solenoids clicked and panel lit up but starter motor did not work. Checked battery, power at starter, fuses and lights. All OK. Decided to jump the starter with screwdriver and the engine turned over and eventually started.
Things I know: The starter is going bad in that on occasion it makes the SPROING noise. My seat is damaged and the safety interface is rusted and wet so today I disconnected it and put a jump wire in...which worked. There is power at the starter motor. After starting with the screwdriver it runs fine.
Any thoughts from the tractor pros?
Also is there a generic seat that will fit an old version of a BobCat CT.
Thanks.

/ Jumping starter to start tractor #2  
If you are jumping the two big posts on the solenoid with a screwdriver, chances are that the solenoid is either eroded or gummed up with arc residue and won't pull in and pass the current, or the wiring going to it is insufficient to carry the amperage to activate it.
If a 16 ga. wire from the battery to the terminal on the solenoid that the switch connects to will spin it over, I'd just run a new wire from the switch and call it good. If the direct hotwire doesn't spin it, check the solenoid.

As for seats, most people here check Surplus Center first.

/ Jumping starter to start tractor
Today was the firs time I jumped the starter, ever.

/ Jumping starter to start tractor
Decided it was cheaper to rig a starter button.