just upgraded to bobtach system

/ just upgraded to bobtach system #1  

unclesalty

Bronze Member
Tractor
09 ct-225 w/loader
Thanks to Wallace tractors I've just upgraded my loader to the bobtach system. I got a new 60" bucket, a round bale spear and an adapter plate so I can make pallet forks.
I had a heck of a time finding the kit until I called Rick at Wallace. I sent some pics to confirm the make of the loader and it arrived about 4 days later. Took about 30 minutes to drop the bucket and install the adapter.
I always wanted the bobtach but I got my tractor in 09 when they were giving them away. I had to take what was on the lot.
Anyway I just wanted to say if your on the fence to just do it. To drop the bucket and fetch a round roll of hay is so painless that my wife doesn't even mind doing it! (and that's saying a lot).

/ just upgraded to bobtach system #2  
I only have the two attachments (bucket and forks) but I still love having the bobtach on my tractor. Also means that if I'm feeling cramped for space inside the barn that i can drop the buck/forks outside before I bring the tractor inside.

/ just upgraded to bobtach system #3  
I have 4 implements for the front now, 2 buckets, forks, and a grapple. SSQA (Bobtach) is a great thing to have on a tractor.

/ just upgraded to bobtach system #4  
I really want to find a cheap rock bucket for mine. That's what my property grows. Rocks. lol

But given the fairly low lifting capacity of the loader on my I don't know if I'll find one that is light enough while still being useful.

/ just upgraded to bobtach system #5  
Same with me, my free loader was without Bobtach. First thing I purchased was Bobtach, used round bale spear, and 60" bucket with teeth. Next month I got an adapter plate, cut the ears off the original 68" bucket and welded on the adapter. Now have 2 buckets 1 with teeth for hard digging and 1 without for smooth finishing work. A few months later I acquired a Power Bobtach hydraulic cylinder that had some light nicks and slight bend in the rod, straightened the rod and sanded the nicks and installed that. I run it from 1 of the rear remotes.

/ just upgraded to bobtach system #6  
Bought Kubota with QA(manual levers) and since then I've gotten a bale spike and forks for it. It's so easy to switch from one to the other. The quik-tach bucket(also bobcat compatible) cost me an extra $300 but well worth it.

Attachments

• forks.jpg
    forks.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 289
   / just upgraded to bobtach system #7  
Bought Kubota with QA(manual levers) and since then I've gotten a bale spike and forks for it. It's so easy to switch from one to the other. The quik-tach bucket(also bobcat compatible) cost me an extra $300 but well worth it.

:thumbsup: Definitely better to get the QA with the loader right away then buying later. For some unknown, to me, reason the QA costs more after the fact. Plus adding it later means buying a different bucket or having extra cost and time to convert the pin on to QA.

/ just upgraded to bobtach system #8  
:thumbsup: Definitely better to get the QA with the loader right away then buying later. For some unknown, to me, reason the QA costs more after the fact. Plus adding it later means buying a different bucket or having extra cost and time to convert the pin on to QA.

I can fill you in on that!;)

/ just upgraded to bobtach system #9  
I can fill you in on that!;)

Yep. And yours was worse than mine, your Kubota bucket had that horizontal angle iron welded to the back of the bucket to remove. I was luckier but still had about 3 hrs. in getting the pin connections off and ready weld the adapter plate on.

/ just upgraded to bobtach system #10  
Yep. And yours was worse than mine, your Kubota bucket had that horizontal angle iron welded to the back of the bucket to remove. I was luckier but still had about 3 hrs. in getting the pin connections off and ready weld the adapter plate on.

I would be happy to do it all again..... for money!:laughing: