Kawasaki Mule Hourmeter

/ Kawasaki Mule Hourmeter #1  

weldingisfun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4500 4WD w/FEL, and Scotts S2048 lawn tractor
Does anyone have a repair manual for a Kawasaki 3010? My hourmeter stopped working and I am wanting to repair it. A wiring schematic is probably what I need to see.
Appreciate any help you can offer.

/ Kawasaki Mule Hourmeter #3  
There is not much to the hour meter.... Two wires.... The meter is a replacement part, your probably not going to repair it. It pops right out and the two wires come right off. If you have 12 volts on those wires when the ignition is on, the hour meter ought to work.

Wayne

/ Kawasaki Mule Hourmeter
Brada, I got a copy of the Service Manual from a nice fella, but thanks for the info.
Wayne, I checked the voltage at the hourmeter contacts and did not get 12 volts. But I have the wiring schematic now, all I need to do is find the time to trace it to the source. Thanks for your input.

/ Kawasaki Mule Hourmeter #5  
Lee, I'm sorry I did not see this post before. I have a service manual. My manual shows two wires to the counter. The Black/Yellow wire is ground and the Brown wire is +12VDC. The 12 VDC comes directly from the ignition switch and is the same power as is applied to the 12 volt outlet (cigarette lighter type adapter) on the dash and your warning lights like coolant temperature and parking brake light. If those work properly, the 12 is at least being supplied by the ignition switch. If not, then the wire could be broken or loose at the ignition. I would check the Brown wire to a chassis ground and also make sure the BK/Y wire is a good ground. Don't forget to check all fuses.

/ Kawasaki Mule Hourmeter
Thanks for the info Jinman.
So far I have been able to determine that I do not have 12v coming to the hourmeter. Also discovered 1 ohm resistance in the hourmeter itself. Not sure if that is normal. Have to trace the wires to the source next.
Both wires are black and that is what the wiring schematic showed they would be.
I'll let you all know how this turns out.

/ Kawasaki Mule Hourmeter #7  
Thanks for the info Jinman.
So far I have been able to determine that I do not have 12v coming to the hourmeter. Also discovered 1 ohm resistance in the hourmeter itself. Not sure if that is normal. Have to trace the wires to the source next.
Both wires are black and that is what the wiring schematic showed they would be.
I'll let you all know how this turns out.

That's interesting, Lee. I have the service manual that was revised in 2006. It has schematics for both US/Canada models and European models. All schematics show the wires going to the hour meter as "BR" which is brown and "BK/Y" which is black with a yellow tracer. I have not looked at the actual hour meter on our Mule 3010, but it seems by your description that my schematic may be less than accurate.

Have you tried jumping 12 VDC to your hourmeter? I could not find any specifics on the hourmeter or troubleshooting in my manual, but I would think that it would be several ohms and only pull very little current. 1 ohm would make it more of a dash heater than an hourmeter.:eek::D The only fuse in the line is the fusebox 10A fuse. If that little hourmeter only has 1 ohm, that 10A fuse will be blown for sure.